Our Children’s Ministry Purpose Statement
Our children are as important to us as important gets. Consequently, we want to give our best to prepare them for, and engage them in, the spiritual journey:
- Our children’s program introduces our children to the four practices at the heart of the NRCC community. We create opportunities for kids to explore and experience the communal, contemplative, learning and service practices.
- Our children’s team partners with our families to reinforce our core values at church and at home and to help equip our young people for the spiritual journey before them. Our hope for them is a lifetime of learning, growing, and listening to the indwelling Divine.
Nursery and Pre-School Times
Sunday Early Service – Childcare provided for ages birth through 5 years old. Drop off and sign-in begins 15 minutes before service (8:45 a.m.). Pick up 15 minutes after service ends.
Sunday Late Service – Drop off and sign-in begins 15 minutes before service (10:30 a.m.). Pick up 15 minutes after service ends.
Sunday Late Service – Bring your child with you to the chapel at 10:45 a.m. We’ll dismiss them from there.
Meet the Teachers
Quanysha Burnside and Audrey Brown care for the youngest members of our community in the nursery each week. They love the brand new babies as well as the toddlers. They hold and sooth and read and nurture and play.
Pam Stephenson prepares each Sunday for our toddlers and pre-schoolers, ages 4-5. She is as loving and patient as can be as she sings songs with them, tells stories, and does crafts.
Our elementary team (Tammy Fuller, Vicki Anderson, Mary Stuckey and Chris Williamson) lovingly prepares Sunday lessons, and songs, and crafts for our children.
Our Teen Purpose Statement
The teen ministry at NRCC works to create a safe and nurturing environment where our young people can experience connections:
- Connections to adults who love them
- Connections to a safe and supporting community of peers
- Connections to the ancient spiritual wisdom and tradition
- Connections to the Divine Spirit within them
Middle and High School Times
Sunday Late Service Only – Bring them with you to the chapel at 10:45 a.m. We’ll dismiss them from there.
John Pavlovitz heads up our Sunday teen ministry. He works with a team of folks who create the environment for middle and high schoolers to feel welcome and encouraged. They gather together regularly for community, fun, friendship, and support. It is our hope that they experience vibrant spirituality, a strong sense of community, and learn to serve the world.
Have Questions? Want to get involved?
We are always looking for extra hands in our classrooms.
Julia Thomson is our Council member carrying the concerns of our children and teens. She’s a great resource. If you would like more information or if you would like to be a part of our children’s or teen’s ministry, contact her.